Thursday, December 22, 2011

Veronica Roth: Divergent

Best. Book. EVER.

I say that frequently, and in this post-last-page aura, I am aware that I have MULTITUDES of "Best.Book.Ever." books, and I just don't care.

This is right up there with The Hunger Games.  As good, if not, almost better.  No lie.

Beatrice/Tris, the society Roth created, the character development, the friendships, the relationship...all real, raw, and fascinating.  The factions that society had broken into and the method for selecting/accepting members was intriguing.

Are there problems? Yes.  There are some aspects of the text that really irked me, and unfortunately, they are all spoilers!

I am not excited that a movie deal has already been reached--even before book 2 is out--and not sure how some of the mental simulations will be replicated and conveyed to be meaningful for the viewer--because I really feel that one of Roth's strengths is her ability to make the reader experience powerful emotions as Tris does.

There are many questions I can't wait to see answered, yet the ending was actually quite satisfying without being too much of a cliffhanger.

Definitely. AWESOME!!!

No comments: