Friday, December 23, 2011

Ann Aguirre: Enclave

Couldn't stop reading this one.  I started yesterday afternoon, and was done today at 11.  
Really enjoyed it, but the ending is nearly too much of a cliffhanger, and all I am reading about for book 2 doesn't sound any more fulfilling.  I am on a post-apocalyptic kick I guess, and this one is a combination of fighting, internal struggle, zombies, society's missteps, developing relationships, survival, that isn't too over-the-top or unbelievable.  

I  like Deuce, Fade, and the developing relationships they discover.  I love the inner strength Deuce has, and her capacity to fight, survive, yet be compassionate in a world that doesn't support her desire to act on that compassion.  

The societies that survived the plagues that destroyed the majority of the population are very interesting, yet extremely frightening. 

Well-written with only slightly irritating missteps along the way.  
"wicked fast" Really?!? C'mon man. ;)


No comments: