Monday, March 12, 2012

Veronica Rossi: Under the Never Sky

UK Version (I like this cover better)
US Version
Read this in one day.  Once I got into the rhythm of the book, and fell into the dystopia that exists for Aria, I was hooked.  This is fast-paced, interesting, and the tribes that have been created due to the separation between the classes (my guess), is disturbing to say the least.  Those living underground live in Realms created by a contact-lens type of device that sucks the wearer into a virtual reality.  No pain, no sickness, no REAL anything.  Those living above ground must fight to stay alive.  Blood Lords rule clans, and powers exist in some due to Aether storms constantly destroying things around them.  Aria is whiny at first, and annoying, and I was easily frustrated with Perry but sympathized and liked him.  But then things became reversed.   I appreciated Aria and grew irritated with Perry.  The ending leaves MANY questions and several different directions the series could take.  I wish the ending had been more satisfying, but I understand why it ended the way it did. Glad I snagged it from the library when I did.

No comments: