Thursday, July 07, 2011

Caragh M. O'Brien: Birthmarked

Wow.  I started this without knowing that it was a trilogy book.
This is book one, with books two and three not due for the next two years!

Post-apocalyptic but an interesting perspective--the controlling faction (and upper class) aren't as happy or satisfied as the outsiders are taught to believe.

This is a more thought-provoking text, one with action and good characters and a moving plot, but it isn't a typical no-thinking escape.  There will be a specific reader to recommend this book to, but I am just not sure who that would be.  There is a medical/scientific aspect, a possible romance, and I am interested to know if anything more will come to fruition with Gaia's brothers.  Namely, will the older brother be evil, will Leon find Gaia, and how the heck is Gaia going to keep Maya fed???

:) I don't think I gave too much away!

No comments: