Friday, March 12, 2010

John Green: Paper Towns

I didn't read An Abundance of Katherines...I think I was nervous about the sophomore slump, and after Looking for Alaska, I was worried that John Green might not have another in him...I avoided buying Paper Towns even though I wanted to (I loved the differing covers) for the same reason. I started listening to the book two days ago. I finished it today. AMAZING. Now, it didn't hurt that the reader had different voices (Radar's was my favorite), and that may have increased my love, but I really really REALLY enjoyed this book. Green again goes back to strong allusions to literature (go Whitman!), more "quest" as the focus point, and a really loveable group of friends and a very realistic portrayal of seniors in their final months of high school. If I taught seniors, they would begin listening to this right now. It was really awesome, and even though I wasn't fully satisfied with the ending, the journey (not the planning) was totally worth it!

No comments: